Opportunities for youths: Deadline Friday 14th of November, 2023
Every year, professionals from all over the continent come together at the International Conference on Public Health in Africa (CPHIA) to discuss health and scientific advances and to plan forward for building stronger health systems. This conference offers a special African-led forum for reflection and opportunities for youths to be heard.
CPHIA 2023 will once again broaden the conference’s scope by showcasing how the continent is dismantling barriers and reinforcing its position as a global leader in science and innovation, a producer of new knowledge and health products, and an example of progress unveiling opportunities for youths to grow.
This year’s conference will contribute to creating a healthier, wealthier Africa for both the continent and the world as African nations quicken the implementation of the New Public Health Order and creating opportunities for youths.
By holding an AMR photo competition dubbed “AMR advocacy in photos,” Africa CDC is part of opportunities for youths fostering artistic expression in a range of media, including photography, as part of its ongoing efforts to increase accessibility of opportunities for youths.
The Picture Contest’s Theme
- Preventing mutual antimicrobial resistance.
- Captivating image or images that highlight the interdependence of human, animal, and environmental well-being in preventing antibiotic resistance, hence highlighting how these relationships contribute to our overall health maintenance.
- Students from all around Africa between the ages of 18 and 25 are eligible to enter the contest.
Phase 1: One winner for each region
The election of the regional champions for each of the five regions will comprise this phase.
Phase Two: The continental victor.
The election of the continental winner will take place at this stage.
- First phase awards: Each of the five first phase winners will receive a pass to the CPHIA Experience in Lusaka, Zambia, as well as the chance to speak with AMR stakeholders.
- Phase two: The continental winner will be named a Youth Africa CDC AMR champion and will receive the AMR advocacy contest certificate while in Zambia.
- Writer’s name
- The photograph’s date
- Location and Country of the Picture
- The photograph’s title and a 100-word explanation of the image’s content in relation to the AMR Side event theme
- Area of evaluation
- Photographic quality Emotional storytelling
- Connection to the event’s central concept.
- Method of Selection
- There will be two steps in the choosing process.
WAYS TO APPOINT
- Submission: Include your photo, a word document outlining the photo, and a consent form that has been signed.
- Deadline: The application will open on October 30, 2023, and must be closed by Friday, November 14, 2023, at 4 PM Eastern Time.
- Please email LiteteR@africa-union.org, GichiaK@africacdc.org, or SheikhF@africa-union.org if you have any questions or need further help.
For more information, visit the AMR Advocacy Photo Contest’s official website in 2023.
Related articles that show case how opportunities for youths can actually change lives https://neguschronicles.co.zw/negus-chronicles-ghana-tech-genius-maxwell-beganim/